What to Look for in an Indoor Basketball Hoop
As you review indoor basketball hoops, make sure you look for the features best suited for your needs, such as:
- Smart safety features. You can’t work on your game if an injury sidelines you, and your hoop’s safety features help you make shots safely. Look for features such as a hide-away rim net attachment, which ensures you won’t hit any sharp edges when you slam dunk. Also, choose a shatter-resistant backboard, which prevents chipping and breakage that can lead to an injury.
- Adjustability. You will have more fun and stay safe if you can adjust your hoop to your needs. Look for a height adjustor mechanism and a system that lets you adjust the loop and performance to your specific needs. Choose a system with different indoor basketball hoop sizes and customization features.
- Strength. Indoor basketball hoops should still have corrosion-resistant hardware since moisture can impact metal. In addition, look for sturdy trims around the backboard and a system that you can mount securely. A lifetime warranty shows the manufacturer is willing to stand behind their product.
- Performance. Opt for a dual-spring safety breakaway rim, which allows the rim to snap back into place after a shot. This is a smart safety feature and helps you keep playing. Look for an overhand extension of at least 3 feet from the wall to the backboard, to ensure you have enough space to set up and play.
The Benefits of Indoor Basketball Hoops
Indoor basketball hoops offer several advantages, including:
- Indoor hoops grow with your kids and needs. You can easily adjust the height of your wall-mounted hoop by using the crank height adjustment handle — no ladder required. You can change the height to suit your indoor space or add challenge as players improve their skills.
- Indoor hoops are mobile. Unlike in-ground goals, wall-mounted indoor goals can also travel with your family across multiple home locations. If you move houses or want to change up your play setting, simply remove the hoop and hardware from the wall and reassemble it somewhere new.
- Indoor hoops are as tough as your game. Whether your family uses your indoor basketball system every week or every day, you deserve to enjoy a high-performance hoop for years of energetic play. Constructed from strong, durable materials — including stainless steel and tempered glass — PROformance indoor hoops stand up to years of frequent, aggressive use. The manufacturer is so confident in the long-lasting performance of their indoor basketball goals that they provide lifetime warranties on all their products. With a PROformance hoop, you can feel confident that you and your family can play basketball together now and well into the future.
- Indoor hoops offer superior control over your play space. With an indoor space, you can ensure the climate is just right and the floor is even and sturdy. There are no outdoor distractions, and you can set up your hoop to be inclusive and accessible for different athletes.
- Indoor hoops mean more basketball. You’ll never get rained out of your indoor area, and the cold will never force you to call a game. Indoor hoops let you work on your shot and exercise at any time of the day or year.
Padding for Indoor Basketball Hoops
Backboard edge padding for your indoor wall mount basketball hoop is an important part of your ball play experience. Made from urethane, closed-cell foam, protective foam padding is molded to the edges and bottom of the backboard to better protect the backboard from damage. More importantly, padding can help protect players, even during vigorous gameplay. If a player hits their hand or another body part against the backboard with enough force, it can cause sprains and even fractures. With some padding, the risk of injuries is reduced.
This padding is bolted on the board rather than glued on, providing better protection and stability. This padding offers stiffness along the bottom of the backboard for better rebound and bounce and helps your indoor basketball hoop wall mount last longer. The black padding also provides a cool, uniform look with a contoured edge to prevent game interference.
It’s much less expensive to replace the foam padding than the entire backboard, so be sure to replace the urethane material as it becomes worn from game time. It’s an investment in the longevity of your indoor wall basketball hoop.
If you notice and professional-level or school-level backboard hoop setup, you’ll see that the backboard includes padding, which offers additional protection from injury and safeguards the hoop and space. Your own hoop deserves no less. At Superior Play, you can purchase backboard padding for indoor and outdoor hoops, helping you play a better game each time.
We offer a range of hoop sizes for every need, so you can choose the right setup for your game:
- A medium-sized 54-inch hoop: This option is great for fun family play and smaller spaces.
- A larger 60-inch hoop: Choose this hoop for school athletes and serious home basketball players.
- NCAA and NBA regulation-size 72-inch hoops: Serious athletes and those wanting a “pro” game feel will love this size.
Indoor Basketball Hoop Installation Services From Superior Play
Buying the best wall mount indoor basketball hoop is only the first step. The pro performance of your hoop and setup is only possible with the right installation. It’s all about angles and the right reinforcement to ensure your hoop can handle the strongest slam dunks.
Superior Play offers installation services to help you out. If you need installation in parts of New York or in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi or Arkansas, you can request one of our professional installers. Having one of our experts install your PROformance basketball hoop for you offers you several advantages:
- You’ll get an experienced professional installing your hoop.
- You can request installation online in just seconds.
- You can be assured that the installation will not invalidate any warranties on your hoop.
- Our installers will set your hoop up so that it’s right for you and how you play basketball.
- You’ll save the time it would take to read the instructions and set up the hoop on your own.
- You’ll get a durable hoop installation to handle heavy play.
- You’ll enjoy courteous and professional installation and home visits from our professionals.
- You’ll get to save on the frustration of trying to figure out how to install the hoop.
- We can offer advice and suggestions for ensuring your hoop is in the right place, even if your indoor location is not ideal.
With Superior Play installation services, you can handle the play and bring your best game, and we’ll make sure your hoop is set up right.
Quality Indoor Hoops From Superior Play Systems®
At Superior Play Systems®, we believe every family should have a shot at playing basketball, which is why we sell and install high-quality wall-mounted basketball hoops. Whether you lack ample space for an in-ground system or just prefer playing indoors, a wall-mounted basketball hoop can help make your home court dream a reality.
If you want to bring the court closer to home, we want to help. Choosing an indoor basketball goal for your family is a big decision. Since PROformance hoops are designed to last a lifetime, it’s important to select the perfect model for you.
When you reach out to us at Superior Play Systems®, we can answer your questions, help you choose a hoop that’s right for your space and even install it for you. We strive to provide all our customers with a stress-free experience — after all, choosing play equipment should be fun and exciting for the whole family.