A Basketball Hoop That Grows With You
We offer several adjustable in-ground basketball goals perfect for building residential courts. An adjustable in-ground hoop has several advantages over a non-adjustable hoop, including an ability to cater to players of all ages and skill levels.
Some benefits of our PROformance adjustable hoops include:
- Flexible challenges: The biggest advantage of a PROformance adjustable basketball hoop is its ability to provide a flexible challenge. In addition to adjusting height for the age of the player, you can raise the hoop slowly as skills develop or bump up the height for an extra challenging one-on-one match.
- Easy adjustments: Our in-ground adjustable basketball goals are easy to adjust, so you can change up your game as often as you like. These goals come equipped with Power Arc 90® Lift Assist, a two-cylinder system that allows you to change the height of the rim without the use of a ladder. It’s one of the safest, easiest ways to adjust a basketball hoop.
- Design for safe play: When you’re choosing an adjustable in-ground basketball hoop, you want to know it’s built to safely withstand everything your kids throw at it. Our PROformance hoops have safety features to enable safe, aggressive play. With Hide-Away Nets and Safety Breakaway Rims, your kids can practice dunking with a lower risk of injury.
- Professional features: If you’re raising a future basketball star, you know they’ll love practicing like a pro. Our adjustable basketball hoops have NBA- and NCAA-regulation overhang and shatter-resistant glass backboards. With a clear back, you’ll be able to see exactly where the ball goes, and players can experience something closer to a real court game.
An adjustable basketball hoop can make the game exciting and challenging for anyone. In particular, these goals work well for student-athletes, kids who want to play casually or competitively with friends, students practicing for team tryouts and families who want to play together.
A Basketball Goal That’s Built to Last
In comparison to portable and wall-mounted basketball hoops, in-ground goals provide increased stability and weather resistance when they’re secured to the ground outside. Our adjustable in-ground PROformance hoops feature sturdy materials and designs to help ensure you can enjoy games for years to come.
Made from rust-resistant stainless steel, the poles that support our in-ground hoops are 200 percent thicker than many others on the market. When they’re properly installed using our stainless-steel hardware, these poles give our basketball goals superior stability. They can stand up to rain, snow and shine without becoming unstable or impacting play quality.
With a permanent, in-ground basketball hoop, you can look forward to a court that looks as good and functions as well in the future as it did on the day of installation. One adjustable in-ground goal can help your child practice through high school basketball and beyond.
PROforce vs. PROview®: What’s the Difference?
Our selection includes options for both the PROforce and PROview® basketball hoop series, including the PROforce 672 and PROview® 672. These hoops share numerous similarities, including the same backboard size and similar appearance. Both series feature full aluminum backboard trims, matching ground anchor design, and identical corrosion-resistant stainless steel hardware. However, the PROforce 672 and PROview® 672 differ in a few key ways:
- Height adjustability: The PROforce series can adjust its height from 7.5 feet to 10 feet. The PROview® series offers expanded adjustment capabilities, ranging from 6 feet to 10 feet.
- Backboard thickness: While both series feature tempered glass backboards, the PROview® is slightly thicker at 1/2 inch while the PROforce comes in at 3/8-inch thickness.
- Pole pad thickness: Both series offer free custom-fit pole pads with purchase. However, the PROview® pad is double the thickness at 2 inches, offering increased support.
- Height adjustment actuators: Both hoops feature a height adjustment actuator that allows you to modify the hoop’s height easily. While the PROforce 762 uses a 90-degree single cylinder, the PROview® 672 boasts enhanced ease and safety thanks to a powerful lift-assist dual cylinder mechanism.
- Cost: Another notable difference is the cost between the two hoops, with the PROview® 672 costing several hundred dollars more than the PROforce alternative. Understanding the key structural differences between the two hoops should help to illuminate why the PROview® 672 is a higher quality and more costly option.
How to Choose the Best Backboard for Your Space
Superior Play Systems® offers in-ground adjustable hoops in a variety of available backboard sizes. We currently offer backboards in 54-inch, 60-inch and 72-inch variations according to the hoop you choose. Each size has its own benefits, so your choice largely depends upon factors like your goals, your budget and your available space.
Wondering how to choose which in-ground basketball hoop is the best fit for your space? Keep these factors in mind to help you make a decision:
- The function of your location: Before installing an in-ground adjustable basketball hoop, carefully think about what else your space is used for. If you’ve got an out-of-the-way spot in the backyard, that could be a fantastic place for a larger hoop. If your only option is a high-traffic driveway area, however, you may want to consider a more compact backboard option.
- The size of your space: Have a home court or a large driveway capable of handling two or three cars? Our 72-inch basketball hoop will have a place to shine. If you don’t have much real estate to spare, however, our smaller backboard options will allow you to shave down on space while still enjoying an in-ground hoop of your own. Opting for a 54-inch backboard style will keep your hoop from taking up too much room in your driveway or play area.
Of course, you’ll also want to think about why you want a hoop in the first place. If you’re training for competitive play or want to seriously improve your skills, we recommend choosing the 72-inch backboard option. Simply looking to have a little fun and get active outdoors? Our PROview® 554 or 660 might be just what you’re looking for.
Installation and Service by Superior Play Systems®
If you’ve decided to invest in an in-ground adjustable basketball goal for your family’s home court, you want to find a retailer that can provide all the support you need. After all, choosing the right in-ground goal is a big decision.
Because an in-ground hoop is meant to last a long time, we want to help you make the perfect choice. At Superior Play Systems®, our friendly staff can answer your questions, help you choose an adjustable hoop that’s suitable for your property and install the PROformance in-ground hoop of your choice. With professional installation, you can skip the complicated setup process and let us prepare your home court for safe, high-performance fun.
At Superior Play Systems®, we think every family should take a shot at basketball! If you’re excited to bring the court closer to home, shop our selection online or visit your local Superior Play Systems® showroom today.