Multi-beam joint connection
Safe, long lasting construction is the only way to build a playset! All joints on our playsets hold their structural integrity as a result of our inter-connected and corrosion resistant solid beams. Our hot dipped galvanized hardware ensures that all joints hold their structural integrity. This results in tight joints and enhanced stability for the life of your playset.
QUALITY FAMILY TIME
We Promise Safety & Peace Of Mind Gotcha – Grips
Don’t worry we “Gotcha”! Keeping true to or safety values, each handle, handrail, Trapeze Bar & Ladder rung goes through our non-slip “Gotcha” process. Hot dipped galvanized steel rods are stamped with thousands of nonslip dimples & and are powder coated !
Snag Free Safety Hardware
Don’t get caught! Hot dipped galvanized bolt fasteners eliminate sharp, protruding attachments. This can be a common problem for many playsets. Hands and exposed skin won’t get scratched and clothing won’t get caught.
Pinch Free Safety Swings
Hang on tight! By eliminating all sharp edges and pinch points, we also improve the safety and integrity of our swings. Our self-locking connectors fasten our rubber dipped oversized chains to the swing of your choice.
Double Wall Safety Slides
Scratch and splinter free slides result in a safe ride every time! Our slides require no wood reinforcement, are double walled, and are free of interior or exterior protruding bolts.
Wooden Playsets and Swing Sets
Swings and a slide are considered by many to be the quintessential playground equipment. Your own childhood may have involved hours of play on traditional wooden playsets and you may want to purchase one for your kids so they can have the same amazing childhood experience. If you’re looking for wood swing sets, however, you need to be aware that times and safety standards have changed. Today, parents, educators, and communities are aware that chemicals on playground equipment can expose children to hazardous toxins. In addition, parents are more aware of the risks of playground equipment and injuries than ever before.
Superior Play Systems® is a company that understands the changing world we live in and strives to connect parents, educators, and people with the right playground equipment that meets their needs. We are the exclusive retailer of Playground One® Wooden Playsets which are a high-quality set that is built with the best materials and has the best warranty in the industry. With more than 20 years of experience in the outdoor play industry, our goal all along has been to provide terrific wooden swing sets kids adore while also exceeding all safety standards so your family can make the best decision when buying outdoor play equipment.
Why Wooden Playsets?
With today’s options for playsets and swings, it’s surprising to some that wooden playsets and swings are still quite popular. There are a few reasons for this:
- Wood is attractive: Many parents and organizations prefer the look of solid wooden playsets. Making these items from natural materials such as wood blend in nicely with outdoor environments, such as trees and grass, and the natural shades and grain add a natural beauty to your swings and wooden playset. The material utilized in wooden swing sets also provides durability in a wide range of outdoor temperatures since solid Cedar is highly durable and resistant to the change of seasons. As long as the timber has a low moisture content, it will not rot and will look better when compared to plastic or metal playsets exposed to the same weather.
- Wooden-based play equipment has an environmental benefit: Building your playground equipment out of high-quality wood vs plastic or metal equipment is actually better for the environment. Wood is a sustainable resource which is able to hold up better than other designs to the outdoors without the need for extensive chemicals or treatments. When you make a playground from wood, it can be repurposed and reused. Plastic and metal options are much less likely to be altered and when their life is over they become just another piece of toxic waste which goes into a landfill. Trees will always be the best option for working on a building a playset and they enable Superior Play to offer a more green alternative for discerning parents and organizations!
- Wood can feel great: Wood may stay cooler in the summer when compared with metal and is not as hard or unforgiving as plastic. It can feel more comfortable to play on and use all year long. Wooden swing sets are made to provide maximum satisfaction for both kids and parents alike.
- Wooden sets are durable: While plastic can warp and crack, wood can last a long time with proper care. Wood will not rust the way metal can, and it will support a child’s weight easily. Some wooden playground systems last for generations!
- Maintenance is simple: With a wooden playset, it’s a good idea to perform regular checks, just as you would with any playground equipment. If you notice any fraying or rough edges, you can always sand away any splinters or replace individual components, such as metal parts. With swings made from other materials, this may be more challenging, and you may need to replace the entire swing set or foundation. Having Wood Swing sets and wood playsets really allows owners to maximize the fun and minimize the cost of upkeep.
- These swings offer lots of options: You can paint them and choose different shapes, sizes, and styles of swings. If you decide to change the look of your play area, it’s very easy to repaint or restrain your wood playset or choose a different stain to give them a new look. This is not something you can generally do with plastic or metal playsets. You can also use your swings as the basis of entire wooden playground sets or as stand-alone fun. Since wooden playsets and swing sets are so flexible, you can build it in stages, too. You can install a swing set first and gradually build a playground around it. Our swing sets are flexible enough that they will work with almost any play system, and Playground One® has an ever-increasing lineup of favorites such as the Wooden Fort, and Wood equipment that is interchangeable!
Why Solid Cedar Playsets?
For wooden swing sets and play equipment, you have several options for materials. Some wooden swing sets are not wood at all but rather made from engineered wood or plywood. Our experts feel that this material can be less safe than solid wood, since engineered wood can buckle and warp, wearing down over time. Solid lumber is a more durable choice.
Even among different types of solid wood, there are subtle differences. When you look at oak, pine, walnut, cedar and other woods, cedar is a very attractive option. In fact, we’re confident that it’s one of the best after years of careful testing and consideration.
Cedar naturally resists moisture and dries quickly, making it less susceptible to rot, mold and warping. Cedar also does not heat up the way metal can, meaning fewer burns. Pests hate cedar too, which means you don’t have to treat your cedar swing sets with harsh chemicals to keep out termites and other creatures. Children can engage in backyard play without worrying about bites. Since both moisture and pests are naturally not a factor, cedar playsets can last longer compared to other wood sets.
The Differences Between Forts, Playcenters, Mega Playsets and Spacesaver Models
Our wooden playsets offer many options, and understanding the different models can help you select the right play area to encourage kids to stay active and creative.
Our wood forts have an enclosed square play area on the ground level and a second enclosed play area on the second level. Kids can access the second level through climbers, ladders, swings and more.
One of the big advantages of forts is that they’re designed to spark imagination. The enclosed spaces, combined with swings, slides and additional elements, provide a blank canvas. Children can pretend they are on a pirate ship, in a castle or in a world they create.
Like forts, wood playcenters have two levels of play. However, the first level is not enclosed and features an angled design. Kids can still play on that level, but they have more space to run and be active. The angled base design also offers lots of options for challenging climbers, swings, slides and more. Play centers are bigger than forts with a larger footprint.
As their name implies, these wood playsets are large, with more room to play. If you want larger wooden playsets with two or more swings, multiple play levels and several types of equipment, these playsets may be the right choice. While playcenters and forts tend to have one second-level platform, mega playsets can have two or three platforms at the second level, with bridges or other ways to get between areas.
We believe every kid deserves enriching, active play, and that means children who don’t have access to huge yards. Our wooden swing sets and Spacesaver models can give you multiple levels of play with a footprint of 15 feet x 17 feet, 8 feet x 16 feet or even less. Our team can ensure kids get to play, even in small outdoor spaces. From wood swing sets to models with slides, climbers and other play elements, our Spacesaver models range from simple to complex.
Whether you choose forts, playcenters, mega playsets or spacesaver models, you enjoy the same quality you’ve come to expect from Superior Play Systems®, including industry-leading warranties, solid cedar construction and professional installation.
Features of the Best Wooden Playsets
For quality backyard play that offers creative fun along with enriching activities, the best wooden playsets have features such as:
- Climbing walls: Climbing walls encourage kids to get active and work on upper body strength and balance, helping them with physical and strength development. These walls give children another way to get up to the upper decks of a play area.
- Ladders: Ladders are one of the most space-conservative ways to help kids climb up from the ground to upper levels of play. Even children who struggle with climbing walls can often use a ladder to get to a play area or slide.
- Tube slides: Tube slides enclose children and give them a thrilling way to get down from a height.
- Shade structures: Kids engaged in backyard play may want to stay outside for hours, making sun exposure a real risk. Shade structures on top of a playset provide children with a shaded spot to hang out and can keep them from getting overheated.
- Multiple levels of play: Multiple levels of play make backyard play more accessible. Children who are not ready for heights can stay on a lower section of play, while children who enjoy more of a thrill can run up to a second story. Multiple stories will let you create more space for fun, even in a smaller area.
What Makes Us Different?
Superior Play Systems® is proud to sell Playground One® Equipment and be the exclusive retailer of this high-quality brand. Playground One® has one of the most comprehensive warranties among all companies in the industry. How does Playground One® Equipment do it? They just leave out the small print. They are upfront about it, and stand by their equipment — they have nothing to hide. Most things that you encounter with playset maintenance and repair are covered, and there aren’t multiple provisions built in the purchase documents to invalidate the warranty. As a playset repair company and retailer, Superior Play is that confident in the product, and we think that having Playground One® equipment in our stores is the best decision families looking for a wooden playset of any size and shape can make.
We also understand what it takes to design playground equipment that parents want. All Playground products are made with 100% chemical-free solid cedar which is the perfect material for playsets. There’s no manufactured wood, chemical treatment or pine wood, which is soft enough to splinter. Yet, we have wooden sets for sale starting at just $999, so we have something for a wide range of price points.
Superior Play Systems® sells only the best Playground One® quality equipment at our in store locations and on our website. They are the ideal solution for you if you want to create a beautiful play area and a safe space for your kids to enjoy. Made with input from engineers, designers and testers, Playground One® wooden playsets are made with the highest-quality materials and with the sturdiest construction, ensuring safety and durability. Our beautiful playsets sold at Superior Play Systems® make a welcome addition to any yard.
In fact, Superior Play Systems® only sells playsets that are made from 100 percent solid beam Pacific cedar, which naturally resists rotting and pests, ensuring you don’t have to coat it in toxic chemicals. The solid beam cedar construction prevents playsets from buckling and warping, ensuring years of safe play. Superior Play Systems® also only sells sets which use multibeam joint connections, heavy-duty steel brackets and hot-dipped corrosion-resistant galvanized steel hardware to ensure your playset is as safe and stable as possible. Our focus on high-quality hardware ensures your wood play area stays strong over the years, no matter what the weather is like in your area.
Quality Means Hours of Creative Play
We understand pressure-treated pine can cause splinters and can contain toxins you may not want. It’s why we use solid bolt and big beam construction on even our smallest swing sets. It ensures our swing set parts and accessories are sturdy, made to last and designed to go the distance. It’s not unusual to see Playground One® wooden playground equipment swing sets around for years — used by generations of children.
If you’re looking for real quality, commitment to customer service and safe swings that will let your kids be kids while also giving you peace of mind, check out the wooden swing sets for sale at Superior Play Systems®. There’s a reason why more families trust us for all kinds of equipment from wooden playsets, swings and slides for their children, communities, daycares and homes.
Benefits of Wood Based Playsets
There are many benefits when it comes to playsets made of solid wood:
- Responsibly harvested wood can be a more environmentally friendly option than plastics, which are petroleum products.
- Superior Play Systems® sells only wooden playsets made of Pacific cedar, ensuring you know where your playset materials come from. This can help assuage some of the concerns about working conditions for those who made your playset and some of the concerns about the safety of materials.
- Our solid cedar construction may be able to withstand the elements better than plastic since plastic can warp and crack, which can be dangerous in a playset.
- Wood materials gets less overheated than metal, meaning less ouch.
Benefits of Wood Swing Sets
If you’re considering swings, there are a few reasons to consider Playground One® swing sets made from high-quality materials that are sold at Superior Play Systems®:
- Wooden swing sets are naturally beautiful. They are a classic choice for swings and look terrific with any play area. Whether you have a modern, urban space or a classic garden, this equipment will look great as a stand-alone or as part of a bigger play area.
- Wood swing sets are sturdy and safe. Each Superior Play Systems® location only offers playsets and wooden swing sets that are made from 100 percent solid-beam construction Pacific cedar. This is one of the sturdiest wood options, naturally resistant to weather, pests and rot, ensuring years of swing fun with less worry about safety. This swing set option won’t warp, buckle or loosen.
Wood is, in fact, the perfect material for construction when it comes to playsets. Unlike engineered wood or wood that consists of thin layers glued together, our solid beam playsets last in all kinds of climates. Cold won’t cause these to crack, and wind and rain won’t warp or budge them. Unlike metal, you don’t have to worry about wood becoming excessively hot to the touch in the sun, and in the winter, children can’t get their tongues stuck to the wood, which can happen with metal play areas.
With locations in NC, NJ, PA and GA as well as more than 25 years of experience in the play industry, Superior Play is ready to help you bring the magic of backyard play to the lives of children. We understand what a commitment playsets are, which is why we make it easy to get creative, enriching play equipment.
Drop by one of our locations to try before you buy and speak with our team. We’re always eager to help. We even have installation and other services to make buying play equipment a seamless experience.
Shipping, Delivery and Installation
Superior Play Systems® understands that buying something as large as a wooden playset online can feel intimidating. We also know that correct installation is part of rewarding and safe play, which is why we make shipping, delivery and installation easy.
Our installation journey gets kids playing hassle-free. Within three days of placing your order, you’ll get a call from our Customer Care team to discuss the details of what you need for installation and delivery. We’ll set up a convenient appointment, during which our team will take care of the details. All you need to do is sit back and start enjoying quality, creative play once we’re done.
Superior Play Systems® is serious about child safety. It’s why all our wooden playsets sold at our dealer locations are designed by engineers and professionals and are tested in strict conditions for your absolute safety. In addition, our playsets have already withstood years of play and have stood the test of time. Since we maintain control over our production process, we can ensure each piece sold from Superior Play meets our exacting safety standards.
Unlike many plastic and metal playsets, our solid beam cedar play equipment is naturally pest- and weather-resistant, meaning we don’t have to treat it or coat it in toxic chemicals, a common concern when it comes to metal and plastic play equipment. Each swing set and play area we make is also carefully checked to ensure it does not splinter.